Electrical District’s were formed as the result of local community members banding together to bring electricity to the rural communities of Arizona (see History of ED2 ).
ED2 prides itself on being a dedicated and involved member of the local community.
Below is a listing of the local community agencies, groups, and activities that ED2 is involved with:
- • City of Coolidge Chamber of Commerce
- • City of Florence Chamber of Commerce
- • City of Casa Grande Chamber of Commerce
- • Greater CG Valley Economic Development Foundation
- • ADOT Adopt-a-Highway Program
- • Central Arizona College – NAU Foundation Supporter
- • Sponsor of Local 4H Clubs
- • Member of Agri-Business Council
School Safety Demonstrations
As a community service to advocate electrical safety, ED2 offers a Safety Demonstration Program to local schools and groups. The demonstration includes a discussion on safety around power lines and equipment along with coloring books or safety workbooks for the students. A small scale community showing examples of electrical hazards called a “Hazard Hamlet” is used to demonstrate the point with a loud “zap” to Hamlet inhabitants being unsafe around electrical equipment. The demonstration is available in English or Spanish.
If you, or someone else, are interested in scheduling a Safety Demonstration, contact the ED2 office at (520)723-7741. Dates and times may be limited.
ED2 adopted a two mile stretch of Highway 287 from I-10 to Overfield Road. ED2 employees volunteer their personal time to pick up litter along the two mile section of highway.